You tend to sometimes overlook few of those accessories while planning for your wedding. Many brides will tell you that it is the smaller details that make your celebration unique and special, so I have put together a checklist so you have got everything you need when it comes to planning out for your accessories.
Accessories for the Bride
Undoubtedly, the most import item on the brides shopping list is her wedding dress, but these items will help complete your bridal look.
- To compliment your gown, you will need a veil, hair accessories such as hair-combs and hairpins along with a headpiece.
- To dance the night away a comfortable pair of wedding shoes. Have a spare in place as well for that ‘just in case moment’.
- A clutch bag to carry all the wedding day essentials
- In case it gets chilly, you are going to need a jacket or a cardigan
- For that extra sparkle some wedding jewellery to go along with your wedding dress
- The traditional bridal garter if you are planning a traditional ceremony
- The right lingerie to add support and make you feel good on your big day.
Wedding Accessories required for the Groom
To help personalize his look the right accessories will make him look his best. Every groom likes to dress his best for his wedding to compliment his beautiful bride.
- An analog wristwatch that matches with his suit and does not draw a lot of attention
- Carrying a handkerchief for the moments of tears of joy
- Cufflinks for the shirt gives it a very sophisticated look that match the tie or cravat
- Waist Coast to match the color of the suit or a slightly contrasting color to make it stand out
- A tie or cravat that matches the colors of the wedding theme or the brides accessories. (or is at least close to it.)
- If you are planning a very formal affair, gloves or an hat will help enhance your style
Accessories for the Wedding Party
Apart for the bride and groom, it is the bridesmaids, the bridal couples parents and ushers also require to look their best to highlight that they are a part of the bridal party with a few little extras that will help them not only stand out but also look their very best for you
- Wedding jewellery for the bridesmaids
- To complete their look, provide the girls with hair accessories or even tiaras
- Bridesmaids wedding shoes to go along with their dresses
- Accessories like hats or ties add the details of the bridal entourage
- Hats and wrist corsages for the mothers of the bridal couple
- Buttonholes for the best man and other male members
- The ring cushion or a tiny ring bag for the ring bearer or the best man
- Flower girl baskets for your flower girl to carry
Accessorizing for the Wedding Ceremony
Having the right accessories in place for the ceremony will help make it extra special and memorable however, these accessories are more to compliment the occasion than a must have.
- Confetti or flower petals in dainty pouches for your guests handed just before the wedding march
- A printed order of service placed along the seating areas of the ceremony for your guest to be a part of the various stages of the ceremony
- Adding a few fragranced candles just before exchanging the vows creates a lovely atmosphere
Accessories for the reception
- Guests love it when they feel that they are well taken care of at the reception venue, here again it is the tiny elements that really make a huge difference.
- For guests to find their seats make it convenient for your guests to find the seating plan with escort cards and place names
- A thank you gift for each of your guest for being a part of your big day
- Colorful glassware that matches the wedding colors